This park is known for its rare and delicate environment, where freshwater and saltwater meet to create a habitat rich in marine and plant life. The main focus of the park is to preserve a portion of York River frontage and its related marshes while providing an area for passive day-use recreation for visitors. York River State Park served as a role model for all of Virginia’s state parks in developing resource management plans. The park’s natural resources make it a significant place for environmental education at all levels.
- Bluebird Loop Self Guided Interpretive Trail - Oct 1, 2019 - 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Taskinas Creek Self-guided Trail - Oct 1, 2019 - 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Pick Your Paddle - Oct 19, 2019 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Stream to Sea Stroll - Oct 19, 2019 - 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Ghost Trails Hayrides - Oct 25, 2019 - 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Stargazing - Oct 26, 2019 - 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Ghost Trails Hayrides - Oct 26, 2019 - 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm