[RoyalSlider Error] No post attachments found.
About 500 to 700 years ago, the area we now call Angel Mounds State Historic Site was a thriving Mississippian Indian town. Built between A.D. 1050 and 1400, the town was occupied by 1,000 plus inhabitants until its abandonment around 1450. Throughout that time, it was the largest settlement in Indiana. It served as the center of trade, government and religion for smaller satellite communities within a 70-mile radius.