The historic Ladd Observatory opened in 1891 under the direction of Prof. Winslow Upton. A regular program of transit observations and timekeeping was started in 1893. Prof. Charles Smiley, famous for his observations of solar eclipses, became director of Ladd Observatory in 1938. Associate Dean of the College David Targan is the current director.
210 Doyle Avenue, at the corner of Doyle and Hope. Park on Doyle Ave. as Observatory parking is very limited.
***Please call or check website for hours/opening before visiting as the Observatory closes during inclement weather***